Monday, February 7, 2011

CBS Cares... Too Much


Whoa... Just... Whoa. That's uh... Yikes.

CBS, I appreciate your concern. I really do. But.. cool your jets, ok? As in stop filming creepy eyebrows guys in a suggestively romantic setting telling me to check my testicles. For testicular cancer. That's just... too much, guys.

So as soon as I saw this I Googled "cbscares testicular cancer" and found it on You Tube. Apparently, it is quite the hit. I had intentionally just planned on reposting this with the above hilarity, but then I read this comment on the video:

"find a lump in one of your testicles and go throught he intense chemotherapy to save yourself from testicular cancer and I guarantee you will not be laughing about it. Testicular cancer is serious shit. Blow it off and you die. Take it seriously and you might live to have children and a normal life. It is 98% curable, but ONLY IF you take it seriously. This PSA was presented to help save YOUR life. Appreciate it for what it is and check your balls in the shower tonight."

Right? What is this guy on about? That video is weird. I mean, I guess it's possible that someone found out what testicular cancer was from that handy little PSA, but is it likely? Some guy was just sitting on his couch and watching TV when that came on, and he was just blown away. Just like "OH FUCK! Fuckin' testicle.. cancer? Did that guy just say FUCKING TESTICULAR CANCER?"

No, but to the guy who left this comment, I totes agree that testicular cancer is "serious shit," but this PSA is funny. It's just funny, man, it's not like some guy watched it and was like, "Oh, fuck my balls. This shit's a joke." No, that's simply not how it goes. It is man's greatest duty to protect his nuts, no one's going to blow them off, no matter how ridiculous the PSA about testicle cancer is. I like that he emphasizes YOUR near the end, you know, as opposed to someone else's life. One more burn and then I'm ghost for now: Dude, I don't have to be in the shower to touch my balls. The way he says that at the end seems to imply this guy can only touch his testicles in the shower. Yeeaaaah. Weird.

Alright, I'm out. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment